Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Barbarian Build that works!

There has been alot on the forums about how gimped the Barbarian class is but having gotten to 60 I wanted to share my build which I used for solo play through Hell and into Inferno.


Frenzy increases attack speed and is a very good DPS tool. Triumph can be uses for more self healing from 22 to 59 when you get Maniac. Since the DPS from Rend whih will follow 5 stacks of Manic it boosts Rends Blood lust healing. In Inferno control becomes more important so Smite has been my rune of choice.
Rend takes Blood Lust for a sustained self heal during combat, while also doing some of the highest weapon damage, albiet over time of any secondary skill.
Ignore Pain is in there for those "oh &%$#" moments when that arcane vortex molten waller combo pulls you into stuff you can't immediately get out of! I previously had Weapon Throw in here which worked well chasing down casters, but with the combos in later difficulty I feel the cooldown is needed, And Contempt for Weakness does a ton of damage alongside the Enchantresses Reflect Spells ability softening up weaker casters during the big pulls.
Revenge is your main big heal, 5% per mob hit and I find I want it up as often as possible. In a heavy fight (10+ mobs) with Provocation it can and does proc back to back making it my biggest DPS and Heal skill and second only to keeping frenzy up.
War Cry with Invigorate boosts your HP and provides health regen and fury at the start of the fight so you have something gong in.
Wrath of the Berserker is to do as much damage to something as fast a possible to start the health globes dropping, boost you heals from Rend, or break snares!

Defensive passives are kind of overlooked at lower difficulties, but really make or break your build a the higher difficulties in solo play. I have alot of Vitality on gear, and still take massive damage from 10+ mobs in melee combat. The armor from Nerves of Steel is paramount to reducing that damage while I get the Self Heals rolling.
Superstition is an anti-Caster and Anti-Arcane, Molten, Plagued, Waller (or similar get stuck in bad stuff on the floor...it will happen!)
Relentless is the most awesome passive in the game. It has kept me alive for the next Revenge proc, Potion CD, Health Orb drop, Ignore Pain CD, next Wrath of the Berserker or just waiting for the chance to move and kite for a bit so many times. A really life saving passive!
*Edit I have since changed Relentless to Nerves of Steal. Add Armor Value equal to 100% of Vitality. This actually doubles my armor value through the vitality on gear and my damage reduction, effectively getting me 50% reduced damage without the need for being low HP!
So from this I get a rotation of sorts/priority for abilities.
Start pull with War Cry up, then Rend to get Self heals rolling, get frenzy stacked to 5 and by then Revenge will have procs and melee mobs will have closed in for the Revenge heal. Waiting for revenge I was probably under 20% HP and being kept alive by Relentless. Now I'm back to full HP. Use Revenge every proc while not letting Frenzy or Rend fall off your targets and you are good to go. Use Ignore Pain and Wrath against Rare and Champion packs.







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your build. ARe you using shield or just all out going for damage ?

    ReplyDelete