Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

12 hours played build and progress

So the strategy so far has been conservative leveling. I have a real life (son to look after during the day, girl to cook dinner for and cuddle at night etc etc.) So I'm not doing a D3 Marathon trying to crank out to Inferno in the first week.

Remember my conservative leveling and gold farming strategy? So I have been playing through quests, Getting to the end boss, and then leaving game to check the AH prices of crafting mats etc. to flip, and checking public games interface for my restart point and going back in solo again. So right now I'm going back in having gotten 2 quests into Act 3 at level 26 Iwill be starting over from 2 quests short of the end of act 2, killing Belial again, and thus out leveling the content even more before continuing on.

Barbarian Gear:
I'm running with a self healing focused build, so I'm looking for weapons with the Vampiric affix (heals you for x.xx% of the damage done. Gear is predominantly Strenght, and Magic Find. However Experience, Gold Find is on a few pieces simply because I'm dealing with random allocation within my own drops. And with damage done converting to heals I'm not shying away from DPS stats if the overall benefit is there.
Note: Don't trust the numbers in your inventory when switching between Dual wield, 2H, and Sword and Board. (+/- x.x damage and protection, or even the DPS number on the weapon), Equip the items and check your stats Damage number. I have been having some surprising results. The calculation system just doesn't work well switching between weapon types.

Barbarian Build:
No buff to worry about losing yet, so no penalties for switching builds about at this stage, but mostly I've been running, currently  at level 26:

1) Leap with Impact (+Armor on landing) - Jump in and be able to take the beating!
2) Revenge with Vengeance (+Fury and Heal on hit) - this is like having a health globe on demand!
3) Battle Rage (+30% damage) - stacks with the damage done = heals so keeping this up at all times!
4) Call of the Ancients (3 npcs help for 15secs) - had trouble getting mobs to stand in Earthquake!
L) Cleave with Rupture/Reaping or Frenzy with Triumph - 2H/1H playing about with these
R) Rend with Blood lust (Heals for 9% damage done) - most of the self healing
Passives: Blood thirst and either Weapons Master or Ruthlessness depending on weapons.

Mobs to watch out for:
So glad I wasn't playing Hardcore. First encounter with Stinger packs in Act2 lead to my first death. They "cast" small wasps which getting hit by can be fatal if it's a pincer of 3-4 streams and you, as in my case are spamming rend expecting these "adds" to die. They are not target able adds they are projectiles!

Fallen Maniacs in Act 3. Indoors these things come running at you around corners so you may or may not see them coming. They explode on contact with you or your follower. I've taken to jumping out of the way and letting my Templar take the beating.

Hungering Pestilence in Act 3. I've seen these in the outside areas and the answer is like with Belial to just keep moving so you are never standing in stuff that spawns under your feet.

3 comments:

  1. What follower are you using at the moment ?
    I am at 29% GF and 34% MF right now but not sure which on is best to get highest.
    Haven't been selling any crafting materials at the mont and managed to sel only one blue so far. I am wondering if it wouldn't be better to just vendor the blue stuff as essences sell for only 25 gold it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the Templar specced into Healing and stacked with Magic Find gear. I peaked in MF at 49% or so, but since moving into Act 4 and then Nightmare I'vebeen taking any upgrades of strenght/vitality. If they have MF then great, and if it's a choice between a a few points of DPS and 8% MF I'll still keep the MF piece, but I'm down to about 25% now. I assume you are still leveling so it's going to be down to what sets of gear you can get. If farming Hell is profitable at 60 vs farming Inferno (slow and tough) you'll be able to stack more MF/GF as you out level the content, vs Inferno the balance will remain in favor of survival (Speculation still).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm running with a self healing focused build, so I'm looking for weapons with the Vampiric affix Gear is predominantly Strenght, and Magic Find.Buy LOL Coaching
    cheap elo boost

    ReplyDelete