Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2012

About me and my gaming.

I have been playing World of Warcraft since September 2008, originally on EU-Terrokar. I played a Warrior and made decent progress though Wrath of the Lich King raiding 10 and 25mans with guild, at times I was fortunate enough with item drops to get into the top 100 geared on the server, at one point I was the third best geared Warrior on the server.

In the summer of 2009 I lost my full time job as a Civil Engineer and in December of that year I moved out to the U.S.A. to pursue my second passion which was teaching Skiing. Living in a small ski town in employee housing and the wrong time zone my raiding on Terokkar was brought to a stand still. I changed guilds to a more casual guild that was more willing to let me drop in and out of my raid spot due to the lack of regularity I was able to play, and continued though to the end of the expansion at the bottom end of any rankings.

With the release of Cataclysm I re-rolled on US-Skywall and joined a raiding guild. Clearing normal 10mans on a casual basis. The guilds ethos was simply "we have never been number on raiding guild on the server or gotten server firsts and we don't intend to!"

When the Annual pass became availble I considered it a no-brainer. I would certainly be playing WoW for an other year and upgradeing imeadiately to MoP, but I get this Diablo 3 thrown in...so why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment